My New Neighbour challenges you to get on the road to ethical shopping this New Year!
This resolution can take many forms, including:
- Switching one aspect of your wardrobe to "ethical", like yoga wear, t shirts or accessories
- Shopping only second hand for 1 month, 3 months or 1 year
- Buying all of your gifts from ethical retailers
- Committing to not buying anything new for 1 month, 3 months or 1 year
- Hosting a clothing swap with your friends once in 2016 or once every season
- Committing to recycling all your textile (clothes, shoes, towels, etc.) waste
- Going full ETHICAL on every clothing item you purchase for one year
All of these options are all too possible with the amount of conscious clothing companies out there! Best of all, My New Neighbour is here to help. We will be posting about our favourite brands and retail outlets, ways to shop smart, as well as news and resources from around the world that will motivate you to be a caring consumer.
Today we are launching our Brands We Love and Bloggers We Love pages to give you easy access to the companies and people we have come to know and love. These inspirational people have not only helped us keep our commitment to shopping ethically, they've made it a beautiful, fun and exciting adventure. The list will be continually updated as we gain experience with people and products in the world of ethical fashion.
Choosing to shop ethically instantly injects a dose of intentionality into your everyday life that will inevitably bring kindness, joy and positive change to the people you are buying from as well as to your own heart. And that friends, is a resolution we want to stick to!